You've found the job postings!
Current job listings and announcements (Updated 5/31/17)
Hey there! Looking for entry-level jobs, local government positions, or research opportunities? Look no further. We do our best to regularly update listings to ensure that you have access to the latest jobs in public health. We’re very interested in your feedback and suggestions, so please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by Room 1521 and let us know what you think.
General Job Boards
These sites may list jobs that opened a few years ago–do not be discouraged! Often times there is ongoing recruiting for different positions, and if you send in your resume, you may be invited to interview for a job on a rolling basis.
- CDC Internships, Fellowships & Public Health Training Opportunities
- County of San Bernardino
- County of Los Angeles
- County of Riverside
- County of Orange
- City of Pasadena
- Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP)
- California Healthcare News – Articles, Jobs, and Consultants for the Healthcare Professional
- The Global Health Fellows Program (GHFP) II
Internships, Residencies, and Research
- Looksharp Internship Match: internships and entry-level jobs for students and new graduates.
- Management Systems International (MSI) Internships: paid internships for practical skills and experience.
- Adventist Health Leadership Residency: two year residency, annual salary, $800/month housing allowance, full time benefits and discounts available.
- Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE): recent graduate research opportunities at national laboratories and federal research facilities.
- Inland Empire Health Plan – MPH/MBA Field Practicum & Pre-Doctoral Fellowship Opportunities
- Health Security Policy Fellowship, Health Security Partners, Washington, DC
- Contract Water Quality Analyst, Gardena, CA
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Environmental Health Scientist, Silent Spring Institute, Newton and Boston, MA
- Field Supervisor, Energy, Education and Environmental Services, Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County
- Public Health and Prevention Specialist III, Texas Health and Human Services System
- Program Director, PENNENVIRONMENT: Don’t Frack our Future, Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, PA
Epidemiology / Biostatistics
- Statistician I, The Public Health Institute, Monrovia, CA
- Technical Advisor for Surveillance and Epidemiology, The Public Health Institute
- Applied Public Health Informatics Fellowship (APHIF)
- Epidemiology Analyst, Tuberculosis Control Program, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
- Student Professional Worker II, Tuberculosis Control Program, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
- Project Associate (Global Health), Emory University Rollins School of Public Health, Dexis Consulting Group, Washington DC, USA – CLOSING 6/30/2017
- Program/Research Assistant – DC Office, Emory University Rollins School of Public Health, Center for the Study of Social Policy, Washington DC, USA – CLOSING 7/19/2017
- Communications Summer Intern, Management Sciences for Health, New York City, NY
- HIV Strategic Program Consultant, The Public Health Institute, Namibia
- Director, Center for Engaging Black MSM Across the Care Continuum, NASTAD, Washington D.C.
- Director of Programs, Global Program, NASTAD, Washington D.C.
Health Administration / Management
Health Education and Promotion
- Manager, HIV Prevention, AltaMed Health Services, Los Angeles, CA
- Health Education Assistant II, Riverside University Health System
- Program Specialist 1 (Community Outreach and Innovation), San Bernardino County Department of Public Health
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, School of Public Health at the University of North Texas Health Science Center
- Health Educator I, AltaMed Health Services Corporation
- Cultural Diversity Specialist, Westside Regional Medical Center, Culver City, California
Health Policy / Leadership
- Per Diem Registered Dietitician Position – Contact Margie Carson at email@example.com
- Must be available 1-2 days per week and every 3rd weekend to work
- Must be available for training full time Monday-Friday for a few weeks until complete
- Coverage includes inpatient at all facilities and outpatient clinics when needed
- Field Manager, California No Kid Hungry, Los Angeles, CA
- Dietitian, Department of Health Services, Los Angeles County
- Nutritionist, Department of Health Services, Los Angeles County
- Registered Dietitian, DaVita, Various Locations in California
- Child Nutrition Services Worker Substitute Pool, Redlands Unified School District
- Contract Entry-Level Clinical Dietician, Dieticians on Demand, Palm Springs, CA
- Nutritionist I – Los Angeles County Health Services
- Nutritionist II – Los Angeles County Health Services
- Emergency Management Internship Program, Emergency Management Department, City of Los Angeles, CA
- Please contact Ehren Ngo (firstname.lastname@example.org) before applying!
- Program Coordinator Sr, Ophthalmology-Academic, Loma Linda University Health
- Public Health Researcher, RAND Corporation, Santa Monica/Pittsburgh/Washington DC
- Public Health Investigator, Department of Public Health, Los Angeles County
- Senior Level Community Engagement and Mobilization Specialist, FAME Assistance Corporation (FAC)
- Document Imaging Specialist, Loma Linda University Student Services
- LLU Community Academic Partners in Service (CAPS) Program Do you want to work with the community? Do you have a passion for service? Are you looking for real-world job experience? Are you eligible for Federal Work Study (FWS)? CAPS affords students the opportunity to engage with the community through a variety of service projects. These projects enrich the lives of students and encourage community development by supporting social change and working to improve health outcomes and eliminate health disparities. CAPS positions typically at the end of a quarter / beginning of the next.
To learn more about the types of jobs CAPS offers, as well as full job descriptions, visit the website: http://caps.llu.edu/about-caps/employment-and-internships
Academic / Faculty Positions
- Tenure-Track Professor – Epidemiology, Cal State Fullerton
- Tenure-Track Assistant/Associate Professor of Epidemiology, Baylor University, Texas
- Tenure-Track Assistant or Associate Professor of Biostatistics in Health, West Chester University, Pennsylvania
- Assistant Full Professor, Division of Epidemiology, Department of Family Medicine and Population Health, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Associate Professor – College of Medicine, Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati
- Tenure Track Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Health Care Management, St. Francis College
- Tenure-Track Professor – Health Promotion, Cal State Fullerton
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Health Education, The University of Alabama
- Assistant Professor of School Health Education, The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
- Health Policy/Health Services Administration Faculty, Department of Health Science, Brigham Young University
- Assistant Professor – Food Service Management, SUNY Oneonta, NY
- Assistant Professor – Nutrition and Dietetics, SUNY Oneonta, NY
- Tenure Track Instructional Faculty – Family and Consumer Sciences (Nutrition & Food/Dietetics), California State University, Sacramento
- Assistant Professor of Nutritional Sciences, Northeastern State University, Tahlequah
- Assistant Professor in Nutrition, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- Family Consumer Science, Assistant/Associate Professor, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Assistant Professor, Food & Nutrition/Clinical Dietetics, Montana State University
- Nutrition & Dietetics Faculty at Concordia College, Moorhead, Minnesota
- Tenure Track Assistant Professor/Associate Professor of Human Nutrition, Winthrop University
- Public Health Professor, Adventist International Institute of Advanced Studies (AIIAS), Silang, Cavite, The Philippines
- Full-time Tenure-Track Faculty (Assistant Professor), Kinesiology Department, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Assistant Professor, Community Health, The Department of Health and Sports Sciences, Salisbury University